Saturday, June 28, 2008

Evaluation of Dogma

Given my recent findings regarding tithing I felt the need to go back and find out what other dogmatic practices needed evaluation. I still have more items to look into (the sabbath, loans...) but first, I wanted to take a quick look at the basic "the old testament doesn't count... Jesus superseded the law" argument.

Findings: DEBUNKED
No ifs-ands-or-buts about it, Jesus plainly states that he didn't come to supersede (abolish) the law. As a matter of fact, you may be quite refreshed by a quick romp through Deuteronomy...

Here's my important reading list on this topic (click expand all on the list so you can see what I highlighted): http://www.diigo.com/list/ultimadj/christians_and_law

1 comment:

Ed Brannin said...

Sooo -- was "DEBUNKED" what you expected to find?

(and while I haven't checked your notes, I quite agree on the conclusion. What else are you going to look into? This could be the source of many interesting lunchtime conversations. :) )